Tuesday, October 11, 2011

and now the countdown begins...

So yeah I never finished that last post, but things got a little crazy around here!  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous (mid 70s!!) so Ryder and I haven't been home much. Highlights of the last couple days:
  • Ryder got a yeast infection. Ouch. Pretty much succeeded in making diaper changes more of a battle than they already are (potty training is not going as planned, mostly because it's not going at all). Poor kid was so miserable and I didn't even think to bring him in until a week into it. I had never seen a yeast infection before so I was just thinking diaper rash until it got all bumpy and wouldn't go away. Good thing is that it's almost healed up! Bad thing is we had lots of diaper-digging and he now loves to announce that he has "owie bum!"
  • Ryder fell off his tricycle and got his first case of major road rash. From his chin straight up to his forehead. Ouch. We sure get lots of comments on that one. And he loves to tell the story: "I fell off bike. Crash! I donk head. Owie face. I cry lots! Owie owie owie!" Gotta say that he looks like one tough kiddo right now!
  • We got tickets to the Tech hockey games last weekend. Paul and JoAnne have season tickets and were out of town that weekend so we gladly took their place :] John, Ryder and I went on Friday and had a blast! Ryder bawling at first (he fell asleep on the car ride there so he was a little more temperamental  than usual) because it was super loud in there and there were tons of people and he probably had no clue what the heck was going on. Once the hockey players got out on the ice he perked right up though! He loved "watching hockey puck" and the "bimp" aka the blimp that flies around at intermissions. Oh and also those arena seats are not made for a 9 month pregnant lady holding a squirming almost-2-year-old. Ouch.
  • Selina and I took the kids to the game on Saturday while our husbands went bear hunting...aren't we brave? lol :) It was a little tricky but lots of fun, Ryder knew the program this time around so he was so excited. He was clapping and cheering "go hockey!" and was literally on the edge of his seat watching the game :] At least until the Husky mascot came by, then he cowered on my lap bawling. And seeing that mascot brought back the whole lion issue (the Finlandia mascot from Mal's volleyball games). We ended up leaving right before the 3rd period because Ryder had just had enough. I'm so glad we went because Ryder still talks all about the "nice doggie" mascot and the "bimp" and that it was very loud watching the hockey game :) I think we have a major sports fan in the making!
  • Ryder's birthday party is coming up. I figured out I picked a horrible time to have it! It was originally on Saturday but it's fall services up here this weekend and Fulton has church Saturday night. Then it was Friday but I felt guilty about having a birthday party when there was church in Atlantic Mine so I switched it to Thursday. Only to be reminded that I have to work at Bible class that day. Oops. So now it's on Monday and it better stay that day. I'm thinking a farm-themed cake (thanks to my mom for the idea and for reassuring me that I'm allowed to take shortcuts this birthday since I'm pretty much having a baby any time now). So far everything is in it's planning-not-doing stage. I better get on that seeing as it's less than a week away. Yikes.
  • I was 37 weeks along today so the countdown til my due date has begun! Truthfully it started waaaay before this but since I'm technically full-term now I don't feel bad for hoping for this baby's appearance sooner rather than later! 
  • I've been pretty busy getting stuff ready for the baby (finally). I have about 4 rows left to do on my baby blanket which I plan to finish as soon as I finish writing this and the swing and bassinets are all set up and sheeted :] Now to dig the car seat out of the closet, pack my bag, clean the house, make a couple dinners to freeze....etc etc. HA. I have a feeling I'll be packing my hospital bag between contractions and wishing I had just gone ahead and cleaned the house already :) 
That's all for now! Hopefully I'll have a post coming soon about this baby's much-awaited arrival! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment