Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ryder's 2nd birthday party!

Monday was Ryder's 2nd birthday party day (he officially turns two on the 27th) and he had so much fun! I actually got my butt in gear the day of to get everything done in time. I made cut out cookies the night before (Halloween ones, yumm!) but other than that I went from being totally unprepared to party-ready in about 7 hours. Yep, that's how I roll. I stuck with the farm cake idea and Ryder absolutely loved it. He was so proud to have cows and baby goats on his cake that he didn't even eat his piece of cake! Mostly he chowed down on pumpkin cookies and ice cream. Speaking of ice cream, we have the leftovers in our freezer and I'm looking for someone to dump them on. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream is just too tempting for this lactose-intolerant lady :S The party was so much fun with half the family there to celebrate. The other half (Raasakka side) is coming up in November so it will pretty much be like another party then too :] Ryder loves being the center of attention so he slipped right into the role of birthday boy and is still having some trouble going back to normal. Sigh. He has been sleeping HORRIBLY lately. I mean like waking up every hour or every other hour and refusing to go back to sleep. Ugh. He's ended up in our bed almost every night these last couple days, which I know is a bad precedent to set but I figured out I will do pretty much whatever it takes to get some sleep at night so oh well. I'm thinking he better start sleeping better soon because I don't think I'll survive waking up with a newborn and a toddler who sleeps like a newborn every night. Just thinking about it now is giving me a headache...


I'm 38 weeks along now and more than ready for this baby to come! Last doc appt I was dilated to 3cm already so the doc was telling me I'll pry go sometime soon (what do they know, really) and if I start labor at home I should come in right away because I'll probably go quick (again, what do they know). I then felt the need to inform him that last time I was dilated 4 weeks before my due date and that on my due date I was at 4cm  and the doc was positive every week that I would go early...only to eventually get induced a week late because it was very apparent that I was not going in to labor anytime soon. So yeah. I'm hoping I'll go early but I'm thinking I'll probably go late.


Oh and speaking of headaches, I gave up caffeine last week and, even though I'm over the headaches now, I still miss it every day. Today I even opened the coffee container just to smell the grounds...yummm. And since I plan on nursing the baby, I probably won't be having caffeine for a while. But it'll be worth it just to know that I'm doing what I can to try and have a good sleeper this time around!


Also, I finished the baby blanket! I'll have to post pictures soon ( and of Ryder's party) but I fail at posting pictures, it just seems too much like work. So hopefully they will be up one day. If you really want to see it there is a pic on Facebook that I uploaded from my phone. It feels awesome to have completed my very first blanket!! It looks amazing if I do say so myself :) :) Though I have no idea how people manage to hide their weaved-in ends from changing colors...I can pure see all mine and it's so irritating but I don't really know what to do. Oh well, if anyone notices and dares say something about it, they can just fix it themselves ;)

That's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment