Saturday, September 17, 2011

a busy day= very sore feet

One of the side effects of pregnancy I could do without: sore feet! My feet get sore really fast even when I'm not pregnant but when I am I feel like I hobble everywhere! Just walking around the house is enough to have me limping. Everyone always tells me to just wear tennis shoes all the time, but guess what? I HATE tennies! I <3 footwear like converse and flip flops and this awesome thing called bare feet. Maybe its a claustrophobic thing? Because the only time I can wear tennis shoes is when I'm running, or else my feet dying for some wiggle room about 2 minutes in. Then I was introduced to this wonderful invention: those one Keen shoes that everyone has (whatever they are called, idk) They are like a shoes/sandal and totally trick my feet into thinking they are not in shoes! I've always said they were way to gorp-ish for me but during this pregnancy my feet were just begging for some relief and I had heard a lot of good things about those shoes so I bought some. Okay I sound like I just went out and bought Keens but really I went to Shopko --which is the only place near here that sells Tahnee appropriate shoes because they have a mini Payless inside-- and tried on a pair of off-brand shoes (I NEVER can bring myself to buy name brands, unless they are on like triple clearance) and walked around in them for like 2 hours. And I had to call my mom and John in order to have them convince me I should buy them. I don't know why I do this, I just do. Anyway, I finally just decided to get them because I think the sales lady and Heather were getting impatient with me, and I know Ryder was since he vocalized his boredom very loudly. And I figured I could just wear them around the house for a couple more hours to see if I really did like them. And yes, I do this hemming and hawing thing with almost everything I buy. John hates it. Well, I don't really remember where I was going with this but I bought the shoes and I love them and I wear them all the time. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do when it snows. Maybe I will have my baby before then (ha yeah right). Oh this is where I was going with this rambling story: Those shoes, awesome though they may be, did not save my feet today. They KILL.
First off Ryder woke up at 3:30am last night from bad dreams so I rocked and paced and rocked and paced and rocked...you get the idea. He is horrible with nightmares since he doesn't understand yet what a dream is. Last night it was something about cows, which he usually loves but not last night. Anyway, I was up for about an hour with him so I was absolutely exhausted when he woke up this morning at 7:30. You would think I would be used to this since I pretty much have an almost 2 year old who doesn't sleep through the night. He has nightmares or wakes up from dreams so often that it's actually rare for him to sleep through the night. But I'm not used to it.
Next we had to scoot out the door by 9:30 to make it to Mallory's volleyball game at 10. She plays for Finlandia and she is awesome. You would think that 2 hours would be plenty of time to get myself and one toddler out the door but I don't think I am awake enough to think straight until at least 9. So we slowly ate breakfast, slowly cleaned up, slowly got dressed and then hurried up quick and flew out the door at 9:45. So we were a little late to the game but we still made it :) After we played outside at Mal's apartment until she had to go back to get ready for her next game -- it was a tournament. And it was SO BEAUTIFUL outside! Cool enough that sitting in the shade was chilly, but the sun was so bright and warm that it was comfortable in the sun. I am loving these fall days right now. So we spent about an hour throwing rocks and sword-fighting with sticks and chasing leaves and rolling down hills. I did not roll down the hill but Mal and Ryder did and I really don't know who had more fun ;)
Next we picked up Marisa and headed to McDonald's for lunch. This was my bribe to get Ryder to cooperate with me at the volleyball game :) But first he kept saying "No doctors! No doctors!" until I figured out that somehow to him McDonald's sounds like Doctors. So now it's called the french fry place to avoid any undue confusion. If this keeps up I will no longer be able to say that I speak the English language and will have to confess to sliding entirely into Ryder-speak. After, we ran to WalMart to grab peanut butter. We ran out halfway through this morning's toast and it was almost a disaster. Because obviously the only thing an almost-two-year-old can eat for breakfast is toast with PB. What I ended up doing was just cutting off the part of the toast that had no pb on it and giving Ryder the other part. Somehow that made it all better.
Next we made it to Mal's other game which I barely got to watch since Ryder is absolutely terrified of the Lion mascot. He literally scrambled up my legs and into my arms when he saw the thing and was shaking and bawling for entire first game of the match. He eventually fell asleep, which was good except for the aching arms and numb butt I got from holding him in my lap on the bleachers for the rest of the match. Wow this post is enormously long so I'll just sum it up from here: went home, made dinner, made a dessert for a bachlorette party (did you know bachlorette is not a word? I did not know that. Weird), pushed Ryder on his tricycle, took a shower, pushed Ryder on his tricycle, raced cars off the deck, made appropriate mmhhmm-ing noises at John when he was talking about what he is doing to the deck, pushed the trike, raced cars, and went to a bachlorette party. Now I'm writing this post and my feet are killing me. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment