Sunday, September 25, 2011

amazing day :D

I know my last post was all about how much I love fall but really I LOVE IT! Today started off kind of slow with me sleeping in and then us scrambling out the door for church. But for once Ryder made it through! Usually I have to take him out within 15 minutes of church starting, sometimes right after the prayer, but today he sat so nicely through the entire thing! And that hasn't happened since I don't even know. Next we ran and got pizza and ate it at our property in Cedar Bay. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, about 67 degrees and sunny with just a little breeze. BEAUTIFUL! We hung out there for a while picking apples and exploring. Then we found a chestnut tree! Well I didn't know it was a chestnut tree because first of all they look like green spiny balls and you have to crack them open to find the nut and second of all who knew chestnuts grew on trees? Not I, apparently. After that we headed up to Copper Harbor with Liz and Heather. I barely survived the long winding hilly road up there (I get soooo car sick when I'm pregnant) but once we got there I was fine. Of course we had to get some Jilbert's ice cream and then we headed to Hunter's Point. I'd never been there before but it was pretty cool. Ryder especially loved it because the beach is all small smooth rocks (not even a hint of sand so it was super clean!) and there is nothing in the world Ryder loves more than throwing rocks. So we hung out there for a while, throwing rocks in the lake and exploring the area. Next we headed to the playground at Fort Wilkins where Ryder had a blast chasing "chippies" and going down the slides. After John, Ryder and I headed up Brockway to take in the beautiful fall colors (after stopping at one of the stores in Copper Harbor to get 15 cent candy sticks of course). It's amazing how many of the trees have completely changed color!  I was a little worried with Ryder up there since there is basically no way to keep him from falling down the mountain except to keep a hand on him at all times so we didn't stay long :) I don't know how my parents always brought us kids up there without having multiple heart attacks! We ate some leftover pizza for supper and then stopped at Somleo's pumpkin farm with Paul and JoAnne. Ryder had a lot of fun picking out pumpkins and we couldn't leave without him having a "baby" pumpkin along with his regular one (sigh). It was cute though :] We also watched them launch a pumpkin from their catapult... pretty cool! That thing went sooo high pretty much exploded when it hit the ground. I was all pumped off it but Ryder didn't even watch the pumpkin fly through the air, he was too interested in the catapult thing. :] All in all, it was an amazing day. Now to put Ryder to bed and curl up with apple cider and a good book...ahhh :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment