Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall is here!

Fall is officially in the air! It's a chilly 45 degrees out today and absolutely beautiful! Even some of the leaves are starting to change! And though I looooove the fall season I know it means winter is coming (yikes!) and I'm not quite ready to face that fact yet. The nights have been pretty cold lately which I am actually enjoying...I'm usually always freezing (even in the summer) but being 7 and 1/2 months pregnant sure leaves we sweltering at night! I'm half way done knitting my baby blanket now, I just finished the middle stripe today. Now the hard part: staying motivated long enough to finish it! I am absolutely loving this pattern so hopefully that helps some ;) Heather stopped by today with two of her nanny kids, both boys. One is a year older and one less than a year younger than Ryder. It was fun to watch them play even though it took almost the whole visit for them to warm up to each other! It's funny how Ryder is so much more willing to play with adults than with kids his age. He asked Heather to play way before he would even look at the boys! It was nice to actually sit and visit with Heather instead of playing with an almost 2 year old all day, most of our conversations revolve around bodily functions (we are starting to potty train), cars crashes and races, fishing or baseball. Sigh. I must be the mother of a boy :) Speaking of potty training, our endeavor that started out so promising has now come to a complete halt. I originally broke out the potty chair because Ryder had started telling me when he needed his diaper changed. Right in the beginning he sat on it all the time but never went and now he won't even sit on it! The only time he ever sits on it is when he is trying to trick me into giving him a bath (he loves baths and our rule is that he has to sit on the potty before he gets in the tub). But boy do we talk about it! "Yes Grandma goes pee on the potty. Yep, Uncle Ty does too. Yes mom goes poop on the potty and so does Jacey and Auntie Lanette. Yes, Ryder, I imagine the neighbor wears undies like a big boy." This is why convos with adults are so needed! Talking about the potty all day tends to make one a little crazy. So all this talking but we are going nowhere.... oh well I guess we'll just keep plugging along. Sorry for the boring post today, I am way to tired to write about anything I need to think about. Ryder has been waking up at least 2-3 times a night lately with nightmares so I'm pretty beat. That's all for today! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment