Saturday, September 24, 2011

let me just say this again: I LOVE FALL!

Granted these last couple days have been cold and rainy, but that has given me plenty of time to do some serious net surfing. So far I've bookmarked a million or so pages all about fall :) Homemade costume ideas, recipes, activities, crafts, treats and more. Ryder already has a costume for this year thanks to hand-me-downs from my mom (THANKS MOM!) and it's an adorable lion costume! He looks absolutely adorable in it but we might have a problem. We went to Mallory's volleyball games and Ryder was completely terrified of the Lion mascot...hopefully he can get over his fear sometime before Halloween because when I brought out the costume he was not impressed. "No lion mommy! No rawr!" Huh. So I've been getting some nice "last minute" costume ideas in case we can't pull off the lion this year. Another thing this cool weather has brought on is a craving for soup. I LOVE soup! So far we've had Southwest Cheese, Italian tomato, Harvest Soup, Asian Pork and Noodle soup etc. The Southwest Cheese soup was awesome for chilly rainy days because it had a little bit of a kick to it (you use a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies) and the Harvest soup really satisfied my "fall food" urges because you use apples and butternut squash to make it. YUM! I threw in the Asian Pork and Noodle soup because I think John has been getting a little sick of all my "vegetarian" meals. I just have not been in the mood for meat lately, it hasn't really sat well with me my whole pregnancy and with only 5 weeks left til my due date I feel way too full of baby to want the more heartier meals. To be honest I picked the pork out of my soup and it was just delicious without it :) I've also been cooking a lot with apples lately. The Harvest soup has some in there and I've also made Turkey Apple meatballs, Apple Raisin pasta salad, and Apple Chicken quesidillas. Yum yum yum! Ryder and I love apples and eat at least one a day (usually 2 or 3 haha) anyway but hey they're good for you and taste the best in the fall anyway! Right now I'm planning out Halloween decorations and thinking up pumpkin carving ideas while drinking apple cider and eating candy corn. Can you tell I love fall? :] Ryder is (thankfully) napping right now but when he wakes up I think we are going to bundle up and go on a leaf collecting walk, our newest favorite game :) I know I have to enjoy these days while they last because winter will be here before I know it, especially in the U.P. and I'm just not quite ready for that yet :]

No comments:

Post a Comment